Tuesday, October 9, 2007

contemplating...

As some of you know, I've had a really good opportunity offered to me recently. My cousin, Ina, is one of my older cousins that I only see every 5 or 10 years, if that much. She's from New Jersey, but became a pro basketball player during and after college and eventually moved to Switzerland and played for a pro team over there. I think the last time I saw her was when my grandmother died, and that was back in the 90s. Mom and Laura took a trip overseas a few years ago and met up with her, so that was neat. But other than that, it's kind of hard to just jet off to New Jersey or Switzerland to visit.

Anyway, after she retired from playing basketball, she opened up her own camp for kids. Check it out here. She's always told me that if I wanted to come work the camp during the summer that she'd have a job for me. Of course, I was still in high school then, so it wasn't really possible. Now, she's turned that camp into a daycare/preschool during the school year, and they're hoping to turn it into a kindergarten/lower elementary school.

The other day, she called the house just to check in, as she normally does at times. Mom mentioned that I was graduating in December and that I had this idea in my head that I would magically get a job and move to Colorado or somewhere like that. Ina proceeded to tell mom that if I wanted to come over there after graduation and work for a few weeks or months, I could stay with her for free. She has this huge house and said I could stay on the top floor studio apartment type thing for FREE! How awesome is that?!

I still haven't worked out all the details yet, like how much I'd be paid or anything like that. But, even if I only made enough to pay for my plane ticket, wouldn't it be worth the experience? Traveling to a foreign country by myself is a little scary, but I'm sure there are tons of books and other things I can read to help me adjust :)

Besides...who can say no to this?



...or this....?


1 comment:

Laura said...

Just pray about it and see what happens! It's a big decision, that's for sure!