About a year and a half ago, my friends decided they wanted to buy an older house down the street from them. At the time, my friend Laura was hugely pregnant with her 3rd baby, and her husband was working away from home for weeks at a time. They asked if I would be interested in renting the house after they bought it. It would keep someone nearby if Laura needed anything, and I was out there all the time anyway, so I might as well live out there.
The house had been empty for about 2-3 years. They ran into all kinds of issues trying to figure out who owned the house, who was on the deed, getting all the legal work straightened out. There was so much red tape, the whole thing fell through.
Fast forward about 9 months later. Laura had Landry, I was in back in school, Stan was working from home now. Laura’s dad, Steve, who lives behind them, had been interested in buying a piece of land that was behind the house. In the process, he decided to get back in touch with the lawyer they’d been working with on the house and see if he could get the ball rolling.
Longer story short, they got the house, everything is done, and about 2 months ago they basically gutted the whole thing! The offer for me to move into it still stood, and I agreed, so now I’m trying to pack up my apartment and get out of here this weekend!
I need to get some updated pictures since lots has happened since these were taken. The first 6 pictures were taken before any work was done.
Meet my house!
Let me know what you think!


7 comments:
It's beautiful, Amie!!!
That is so freakin' exciting!!! I can't wait to see all the after pictures! It's nice to know you almost had a pink bathroom like me unless it's still there :)
Wow Amie!!! It's beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you.
beautiful amie! soooo excited for you!
i am so in love with your house!!! and if they want to come put in that exact flooring in my house i would not be mad at them. :)
so happy for you, honey!
WOWSER!!! Awesome, Amie! So happy for you!!
love it!!!
Post a Comment