Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Karma's a...well, you know...

I love the show Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Health channel. Most of the time, what Mike Rowe subjects himself to doesn't really make me squirm. Most of it's pretty darn gross, but it's on a tv screen, and I don't have to smell and see in person what he can.

Well tonight I'm browsing through the channels. I had a steroid shot today so I'm wide awake. I come across the rerun of tonight's episode, so I started watching it. He was dealing with flies and maggots and all that fun stuff. After a commercial they started milking spiders.

Spiders. As in black widows and tarantulas. You know, the ones that can get bigger than your hand.

Need I remind you my little adventure with a spider that's all too recent in my mind?

The thing was, I couldn't not watch it. It's like a car wreck, you know you shouldn't stare, but you can't take your eyes off of it.

I think I've jinxed myself. Hope nothing crawls on me tonight.

Sigh.

No comments: