So after 24 years of living with my parents (minus 1 year of living in the dorms on campus back in '02-'03), I'm finally moving out. I couldn't be more thrilled! I've been hunting for a place since the beginning of the year, but today signed a lease on a modest 1 bedroom apartment. My very own place! It's not perfect by any means, the carpet is a little shaggy, the walls are the wood paneling....but it's MINE! I put the deposit down about an hour ago.
The ironic thing is that the guy that lives there now is actually a friend of mine from work. He just bought a house, so he's in the process of moving out. Then they have to clean the place and make any repairs, and then I get to move in!
Next comes the daunting task of managing my money. Maybe I'll use and abuse my CPA friend :)
Now. Who wants to help me decorate?
4 years ago


2 comments:
Congratulations on your new independence!!! X.
Woo-hoo! So glad you finally managed to leave the nest. I was beginning to think it would never happen!
And I hope by "CPA Friend," you are referring to Jackson Hewitt!
Post a Comment