Allison's doing okay. The ER doc told them there wasn't much he could do, so they have an appointment with the neurosurgeon Monday to make sure it's nothing serious. Keep her in your prayers that it's not.
Only 10 more days til the big trip!! Mom and dad are leaving this Sunday to start driving. They're going to end up seeing Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower (mom and dad have both wanted to see that since Close Encounters), and then I believe they will make their way through Yellowstone. I'm a little jealous. I'd like to see Yellowstone myself.
After that, they'll continue westward until they basically can't go any further! Mine and Laura's flight leaves Monday the 14th at 6am. That's going to be a VERY early morning for us. I won't get to Little Rock until about 11 on Sunday night, right around the time Laura will be getting off of work. The rest of the night will be spent getting things ready for her puppy to stay at her boyfriend's house, making sure we have everything packed, and doing a little dozing on the couch before we have to call a cab. We figured that was easier than either getting someone to drive us or having to pay for long term parking at the airport. We only have a small layover in Atlanta on the way there, but a pretty long one on the way back. Three whole hours! We each have a friend that lives in Atlanta, so some emails have been sent out about meeting up if possible. It'd be a good distraction.
I'm going to try to send all my "kids" postcards. I'm not promising anything at all, but I'll do my best. I do hope we get some good pictures on the whale watching tour though. I'm so very excited about that. Dad had mentioned getting a cabin on the coast, but I don't think we'll have time. Our flight leaves Thursday morning out of Seattle, and we'll be back to Little Rock that night. I haven't decided if I'll drive home then, or if I'll wait until Friday morning. I guess it depends on how tired I am.
My work schedule finally changed. I still work the same hours (2-10:30), but now I work Monday-Friday instead of Tuesday-Saturday. Hallelujah! I can finally have some kind of life on the weekends. Although that life will most likely consist of babysitting or seeing my friends and their kids. That's fine with me.
Everyone's been saying I need a man in my life. For all of YOU out there, you know who you are. Give me some time...I'm working on it!
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment